Imagine having the power to see more. Collect more accurate and reliable data. Prove your hypothesis with precision.
Power to see more.
The synergy between the new generation of Power HyD detectors, the completely optimized beam path, and the unique White Light Laser gives you perfected imaging performance. Your answers are clearer, derived from brighter signals, more contrast and astounding detail from even multiple low abundance labels. Imagine the power of your images.
New Generation Power HyD Detectors
More brightness, more detail
- Experience enhanced image quality, as a result of an ideal combination of brightness, resolution and contrast
- Get better insight about the native state of your sample than ever before, thanks to high detection efficiency
- Have quantitative results, thanks to Leica Microsystems’ proprietary approach to photon counting
Ultra sensitive signal detection
- Detect low signals with the most commonly used fluorophores thanks to the Power HyD detectors
- Gain 2x higher Photon Detection Efficiency (PDE) compared to conventional Photomultiplier Tubes (PMT) and 3x higher in the extended red range
Excitation up to 790 nm with WLL
Detection up to 850 nm
Maximized multicolor flexibility
- Image more markers within one sample at the same time. Expand the range of available markers with a broader red spectrum for excitation. These benefits are made possible by our next-generation White Light Lasers.
- Set a new standard for imaging in your research with Power HyD detectors. They deliver the highest sensitivity with an incredibly wide spectral range, up to 850 nm, which is already in the near infrared.
- Experience complete spectral freedom using our next-generation White Light Lasers which allow a perfect match to the fluorochrome. Up to 8 single excitation lines from 440 nm to 790 nm can be used simultaneously.
- Enjoy less complexity and more flexibility from a single laser doing the work of many
Gentle live cell imaging
- Perform imaging for a longer period, since both excitation as well as detection are optimally tuned with the smart combination of the Power HyD detectors and next-generation White Light Lasers
- Preserve your sample’s integrity through efficient signal acquisition at the lowest required levels of illumination
Key Technical Advancements
Power HyD detectors deliver a Photon Detection Efficiency (PDE) of up to 56% with the most commonly used fluorophores. At least 2x more efficiency than what can be achieved with conventional alkali photomultipliers. PDE in the extended red range is even 3x higher.
Near Infrared (NIR) detection range is extended to 850 nm, accommodating 3 additional detection colors
Up to 67% improved dynamic range compared to current state-of-the-art detectors** Comparison of max counts SP8 HyD vs Stellaris HyD X and HyD R in photon counting mode (CW)
Up to 8 excitation lines from 440 nm to 790 nm can be used simultaneously with the next generation White Light Lasers
A redesigned beam path that maximises transmission efficiency
(1) Mitotic COS7 Cells – Cyan: H2B/Yellow: Mitotic Spindle/Red: Golgi/Green: Mitochondria/Magenta: Actin.
Sample Courtesy: Jana Döhner, Urs Ziegler, University of Zürich
(2) Mitotic COS7 Cells
SiR-Actin (ex: 647 nm, em: 657-740 nm)
AF750-Tom20 (ex: 750 nm, em: 760-790 nm)
AF790-memb (ex: 790 nm, em: 810-850 nm)
Sample Courtesy: Jana Döhner,
Urs Ziegler, University of Zürich
(3) Zebrafish posterior lateral line primordium migration.
Cyan: Membranes, GFP, Magenta: Nuclei, tdTomato
Sample Courtesy: Jonas Hartmann, Gilmour Group, EMBL Heidelberg